Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It’s a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 03/02/2015
Posting Close Date: 03/15/2015 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
Develop, implement, train and monitor safe, creative and efficient processes for ground icing that continually challenge the status quo and maintain our safe operating environment and competitive advantage.
To assist the Manager Ground Icing – Flight Operations and the Director Flight Technical & Ops Control in the development, implementation, and management of programs and policies in the ground icing program.
- Develop, document and communicate new aircraft ground icing procedures for the WestJet programs.
- Analyze existing procedures and make changes to the Ground Operations Manual where necessary
- Research, develop and implement new technologies and procedures for WestJet and contracted deicing service providers that will result in safe & efficient ground icing processes.
- Ensure procedures are developed in compliance with all regulatory, safety and industry requirements.
- Seek input from deicing agencies and agents to ensure procedures are understood and have been implemented successfully.
- Monitor compliance to WestJet and regulatory programs.
- Monitor and conduct training as necessary.
- Provide technical support to other departments (Airports, Flight Ops, OCC, Training, Inflight, Safety, Maintenance, GSE, Purchasing and Service Providers)
- Investigate safety and operational reports and complete as necessary.
- Liaise with regulatory and industry contacts (Transport Canada, SAE, Fluid and Equipment Manufacturers, other airlines, etc.)
- Prepare presentations.
- 3 – 5 years aircraft deicing experience required.
- 1 – 2 years management experience including facilitation, presentation and developing/maintaining internal and 3rd party relationships.
- Previous ground operations experience is an asset.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong facilitation skills to lead and exchange ideas and information with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to write operating procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of work flows and risk assessments is required.
- Ability to travel & spend time away from home.
If you are interested, please apply at: