Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It’s a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Career Opportunities: Manager Ground Icing – Flight Operations (27646)
Posting Close Date: 01/25/2015 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
Purpose: To manage the Ground Icing program at WestJet, represent WestJet in industry technical forums and regulatory bodies. To provide technical support and guidance to WestJet and WestJet Encore to ensure safe operations in winter conditions.
- Manage the WestJet Ground Icing program standards and procedures to ensure compliance with all Transport Canada and industry requirements and best practices.
- Oversee the WestJet Ground Icing Training program, mandating priorities and liaise with Learning and Development to create content and ensure delivery and sign-off to meet Transport Canada and WestJet operational standards. Audit stations for training program documentation and compliance.
- Manage the quality assurance of the WestJet Ground Icing program through the development and implementation of audits.
- Conduct audits at every winter operations station within the winter season and work with stakeholders to implement corrective action plans as required.
- Represent WestJet and WestJet Encore interests in SAE, Transport Canada and FAA industry research and development.
- Provide technical support to all WestJet and WestJet Encore departments and contractors related to ground icing issues and compliance. 24/7 availability during the winter operations season is required.
- Provide technical support to Airports and environmental departments in the development of airport deicing facility design and operations.
- Provide technical advisory support in the development and management of budgetary requirements.
- Manage AQD reporting involving ground icing for WestJet and WestJet Encore.
- Position involves extensive travel
- 6 to 10 years of applicable experience with at least 5 years being actively involved in the management of a de-icing program.
- A comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of aircraft de-icing procedures and regulations.
- 3-5 years leadership experience required
- Demonstrated excellence in time management, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and success in establishing relationships
WestJet is Canada’s most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land – powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.