NATS, the UK Air Traffic Management company, has launched a new data visualisation called UK24. The skies above the UK have been brought to life like never before in this video showing a day of air traffic in less than three minutes.
On August 21, 1961, a Douglas DC-8 aircraft on a routine certification test flight at Edwards Air Force Base in California set two world records, one for altitude, the other for speed, during a single test flight.
JCAII is pleased to report that Jacob Klain will assume the role of Vice President, Information and Technology Systems. In his new role, Jacob will facilitate the integration of the AIM system into airports around the world.
Aircraft Deicing Vehicle Operator – Winnipeg
Servisair, operator of the Central Deicing Facility at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport is currently seeking applications for the position of Aircraft Deicing Vehicle Operator. Full-time and Part-time employment available.
Duties include performing aircraft de/anti-icing, operating all deicing and ancillary equipment, and other ancillary job related functions associated with CDF operations. Parking, uniform, and paid training is provided.
Candidates must be over 18 years of age, be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant IM1000 or Permanent Resident, possess a valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License (or other province equivallent) in good standing, and have own means of reliable transportation. Candidates must also be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Clearance and Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit. Must be comfortable operating large equipment, working from height in an elevated operating cab/bucket, and working during inclement weather conditions.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Full health.
- Employment advancement.
- Compensation: $10.37/hr.
Please submit your resume to:Jantara Saydarath Email: email@example.com Fax: 204-779-8150
Closing Date:30 September 2012
Deicing and Ground Support Specialist – Toronto
Servisair, operator of the Central Deicing Facility at the Toronto Pearson Int’l Airport is currently seeking applications for the position of Full-time Aircraft Deicing and Ground Support Specialist.
Parking, uniform, and paid training is provided.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job include:
- Operate Deicing, Glycol Recovery, Ground Handling, and all related ancillary equipment, both safely and efficiently.
- Conduct aircraft de/anti-icing operations and perform other associated tasks.
- Conduct aircraft post de/anti-icing inspections and tactile inspections.
- Conduct fluid testing and replenishment of equipment fluids.
- Operate data transfer and communications equipment.
- Generate and maintain records and logs.
- Perform ramp servicing/ground handling functions as required.
- Any ancillary job related functions as required.
Aviation experience, such as flying, maintenance, ground handling, aircraft de/anti-icing, and also experience operating heavy equipment would be considered an asset.
- $11.25/hr + Shift Premiums
Please submit resume via email or fax to:Miroslaw Kowalski Manager of Administration Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 416-776-3425
Candidates are required to:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
- Be able to pass security clearance (criminal background check) and obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Clearance (RAIC) Airport Security ID.
- Possess a valid Provincial Driver’s License in good standing (Ontario G or equivalent at a minimum), and minimum 5 years residency in Canada is required.
- Be comfortable operating large equipment, working from an elevated platform at height, during inclement weather.
- Be able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms) and willingness to work during inclement weather.
- Be able to work shift work, including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have a reliable form of transportation.
- Be proficient in the English language, both verbal and written, and able to communicate effectively.